Yield: 3½ cups
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 small onion cut in quarters
2 cups broccoli, cut in big chunks
1½ cups chicken broth or bouillon
1 cup milk
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in butter until onion is limp.
2. Add chicken broth and broccoli. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Place broccoli, onion, and broth in blender jar. Add milk, salt, and pepper. Remove filler-cap from cover to allow steam to escape.
4. Blend on high speed for 5 seconds. Turn blender OFF.
5. Remove cover and check consistency. For a smoother texture, replace cover and Blend on high speed for 5 to 10 seconds. If desired, pour soup back into saucepan to reheat.